How many times in a year do you start a new fitness and or nutrition plan and fall back into old habits shortly after?
We all have goals and no matter how much you think you want them, we sometimes come up short for various reasons. You see the inspiring before and after photos online and most of us think “why not us?” So whats the difference between you and them?
Effort. Commitment. If you have been giving it an honest shot it comes down to changing your mindset and daily habits. These changes do not have to be drastic and typically you will find more long term success when they aren’t.
- A complex workout plan – Solution: Go back to the basics with your meal plan and workout plan. No need to complicate it to obtain results. You are less likely to be consistent with a complicated program.
- Workouts get boring – Solution: No one wants to get not he treadmill every day. Find enjoyment in your workouts and the process overall.
- Broken promises to yourself – Solution: Build internal trust with yourself by keeping promises and making the commitment.
- No motivation – Solution: Create a vision for the future. Find a photo that gives you a vision of a body type that you want to achieve something similar to. SIMILAR, don’t expect exact. Make a COMMITTMENT to yourself. Motivation will come and go.
- Lack of accountability – Solution: Fitness can be lonely and finding someone with similar goals, an accountability partner, can be very helpful especially on the days when you are feeling weak.
- Lack of consistent habits – Solution: Implement a daily system and build the habits into your lifestyle.
- Not enough time – Solution: Schedules are busy and there are only 24 hours in a day, but…you don’t have to workout an hour every day. Don’t get caught up with that. 20-30 minutes of high intensity training can get you results when done consistently.
- Misalignment of actions and goals – Solution: Its simple. If you want to change the results, you must change the actions you are doing to get there.
- Not tracking your progress – Solution: Track these actions and make sure to add actions that are measurable so you can change them as you go in order to obtain the results you wish. Is it your food intake? Track it using a diary or app. You can also do the same for your workouts. Make changes as you go.
TAKE ACTION! Message me on Instagram @fitunicorn007 or at my email if you are looking for accountability, nutrition programs, and workout routines that you can be consistent with.